Thursday 10 September 2015

Are EMF'S making you sick?

We are constantly hearing about detox programs for our diet but not many people talk about clearing the dirty electricity or EMF's out of our system.Electromagnetic Field Emissions. This includes waves from microwave ovens, radio, television, wireless internet and cell phones. Think about it...it's all around us, we can't see it but our body and nervous system can feel it.

It is important to be aware that CFL's (compact fluorescent lamps) create "Dirty Electricity" increasing EMF's (electromagnetic field emissions) and UVR (ultraviolet radiation) all of which can compromise the immune system with over exposure. So if you work in an office or school you need to learn about this.

When I was a child in elementary school we sat by big windows and under old fashioned light bulbs. I was alert and did well, but when I was sent to a brand new middle school lit with fluorescent lighting I found myself unable to focus and fell asleep at my desk. I was eventually sent to the nurse's office after fainting. They thought it was low blood sugar, but once I got outside I was fine.

It was later after high school that I was informed that I was sensitive to fluorescent lighting and this affected my choices of work. When I returned to college after my years of professional dance, I was fortunate that the school used full spectrum lighting. This made a dramatic difference for me. I was alert and graduated with honours.

Health Canada is now warning that more than 3 hours of exposure to EMF's at a time is too much and they recommend taking regular breaks. If you Google this subject you will find many articles about this topic. It's no wonder that coffee is as popular as it is!

I learned a simple secret 40 years ago from Dr. Christopher a renown Canadian herbalist and health practitioner. He taught us to stand barefoot outside on the earth regardless of the season, for just a couple of minutes to ground out the electromagnetic emissions and static electricity from our body. He suggested wearing leather soled shoes instead of the rubber soles which were becoming more common. The rubber prevents the electrical currents from leaving the body. But these days that is difficult and not a welcomed feature for Vegans. So taking off our shoes and standing on the earth should become a regular practice, it only takes a minute or two. Yes it works when you stand on snow providing there is earth and not concrete below.

Dr. Christopher was teaching us this before we had internet and cell phones so imagine the load we are taking on now!

Static electricity has an irritating effect on the nervous system which can be the cause of headaches, insomnia, anxiety, poor memory, depression and mental alertness as well as compromise the immune system and contribute to other nervous disorders.

There are many other ways to combat this new phenomena if you care to do your research.

Individual Reiki sessions are a good way of helping to clear and balance the energy in our body. Yoga breath work is also a good method. Start wearing clothing made from natural fibres instead of polyester, acrylic and nylon, all which hold static electricity.

Try it and see if it works for you.

I am here to help you. Remember your wellness is my business!

Brenda E. Bell
www.brendabell.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment